Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sweet Pea Box One: The Sweet Future of Monthly Clothing Boxes?



Although I just started this blog, I have been a customer of several different monthly boxes for quite a few months. I wanted my first review on my new blog to be about a brand new monthly kids clothing subscription box called Sweet Pea Box. Sweet Pea Box was started with moms in mind, by a mom just like you and me. She knows what we want to see in our clothing boxes and she is doing her best to fulfill those wishes.

Sweet Pea Box had it's soft launch in December 2012. I didn't sign up early enough to be on the very first round of boxes, but I was on the list for January 2013. I'm not going to lie, I didn't absolutely love everything in my box. However, everything in my box was nice. It was a matter of personal preference.



Please, don't misunderstand me, my box was wonderful. My notes and personal preferences were followed quite well. I received a LeTop dress, LA Teez shirt, Gymboree leggings, Bellinni tunic and matching leggings, and a blue polka dot swing tank top and matching leggings by Self Esteem. You need understand that Toddler O is only 20 months old, but she is a giant. She stands at approximately 36-37" tall and weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-32lbs. She is the size of a 3 to 4 year old, and so I have to buy her size 4T clothes in order for them to be the right length. The problem therein lies that most clothes in 4T are not going to be stylistically designed for a 20 month old. That is the reason I was not a fan of the LA Teez shirt, and the black and white Bellinni tunic outfit, while beautiful, was just a little too old for my little O. Luckily for me, I am part of an amazing swap group with lots of wonderful ladies and I was able to swap the shirt and tunic set for items that I can use and are more our style.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Sweet Pea has in store for me this February. They have recently announced they will be carrying items from Tori Spelling's Little Maven clothing line, as well as Pigeon Camera Kids.

Sweet Pea Box subscriptions run as follows: $30 for 4 items, $40 for 6 items, and $50 for 8 items. If you are interested in learning more, you can check them out at their website or on their facebook page.

Disclaimer: All statements, opinions, observations, etc. made above are my own. I was not paid or compensated in any way for this review. I paid for the box myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment