Saturday, February 2, 2013

Do You Have Klout?


A few months ago I was introduced to a new app on Facebook called Klout. From what I gather, you are given a score based on how many friends you have and how much they interact with you on Facebook. The best part is that you can earn free perks based on your Klout score.

For example, I received this in the mail yesterday. Because I have one of my interests as being a mom, and my Klout score was high enough, I was offered a free Vicks Behind the Ear Gentle Touch Thermometer.
I have to confess, I have tried this thermometer before, which is why I jumped at the chance to get another. I really love that the screen lights up green, yellow, or red, depending on the temperature. This is especially helpful since this thing is so easy to use, you could literally use it on a sleeping child, in the dark. You simply place the top of the device just below the ear, they provide diagrams to show you exactly where. You press the button on the back of it and that pushes out a small device that will read the temperature. It only takes a few seconds, it's so easy to do. If you're interested in picking one up you should check out www.behindear.com for a $10 online rebate.
My only problem with it is that my daughter loves to play with it. It's bright colors and light up screen look like a toy to her. For some reason, our original one now almost always reads 97.1, no matter where you take the temperature, or who you are using it on. I'm convinced it has something to do with my daughter constantly playing with it. I plan on keeping this one tucked away until we need it, which will hopefully not be any time soon.


This thermometer is not the only perk I have received from Klout. I also got a free bottle of Essie nail polish, and several online offers from places such as Shutterfly. If you're on Facebook you should check them out, it doesn't cost anything to sign up. You have nothing to lose, and free stuff to gain!







Disclosure: I was given a free product or sample because I'm a Klout Influencer. I am under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits from talking about the product or company. I also don't get any benefits if you sign up, I just wanted to share this great app with you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment