Sunday, February 3, 2013

I Love Kate Quinn Organics!

One of my favorite things about the monthly kids clothing boxes I subscribe to is that I am always being introduced to different brands of clothes. Kate Quinn Organics is one of those brands that I had no knowledge of before I signed up for Wittlebee. However, now that I know about them, I am obsessed.

Kate Quinn clothing is made from 100% certified organic fabrics. They make clothing for both girls and boys and focus on using earth inspired colors and simple elegant lines that highlight your child's natural beauty. This really appeals to me because I have never been a fan of the clothing covered in phrases such as "princess," or items with cartoon characters plastered across the front. Until my daughter gets older, she's stuck wearing what I pick out, and I'm picking out a lot of Kate Quinn.
A few weeks ago they were running a promotion on their website where you could buy 2 months of their grab bag service and get 1 month free. Obviously, given my weakness for all things monthly based, I jumped on it. Although the promotion is now over, they do still offer the monthly grab bag on their website. The bags come in 3 or 6 items, for boys or girls, and vary in sizes you can select. I believe it's based on what they currently have available, so if you don't see your child's size, keep checking back as it does change. I picked the 3 item bag as I was somewhat hesitant, and immediately regretted my decision after seeing the wonderful 6 item bags other moms I know were getting. The processing for my first bag took a little longer than I was hoping, about a week, but soon my grab bag was at my door. When I ripped that sucker open, this is what I saw:
I was excited and disappointed all at the same time. You see, my daughter is awkwardly sized. She is only 20 months old, but is the height and weight of an average 3-4 year old, and all her length is in her torso. Because of this she really only wears dresses and tunics with leggings or tights. It's very hard to find regular pants that fit her correctly. In fact, I specifically asked for dresses and tunics in the comment section of my purchase, and all the bags for girls I had seen lately were stuffed with dresses. So, that's where the disappointment in this bag came from. The items themselves are lovely though, and very nice quality. I couldn't find the jacket or hearts top on their website, but the pants are currently selling for $19.20. Considering I paid about $30 for this three item bag, as long as the shirt and jacket are each valued at $5 or more, I'd say I did pretty well.

In the end, I decided to exchange the pants and shirt. While very nice, the shirt runs on the small side and was snug on my daughter before washing. I'm not the kind of mom who has the time or patience to hand wash and line dry my daughter's clothes, I don't even do that for my own clothes. The Kate Quinn website states that machine washing and drying their clothing can result in up to a 10% shrinkage, as the organic cotton is not treated with the same chemicals used in other clothing. The pants were way too large. My daughter has short legs and is a string bean, they were too long, and too big around the waist. I considered saving them, but as I'm not sure what season she might be able to wear them, I sent them back. I did keep the jacket, I love it's unique diagonal zipper, and I figure no matter when she season grows into it (because it is sized quite generously) we can get some use out of it.

You can exchange grab bag items for $2 per item, a $5 return postage charge, and whatever it costs you to mail the items back to them. So, in all, it cost me approximately $12 to return the shirt and pants. I specifically requested dresses and tunics again, so I'm hoping my time and extra money will not go to waste. I was informed yesterday that my exchanges were mailed, so I should get them in a few days! :-)

Disclaimer: I purchased the clothing items pictured above, and all the grab bags I have and will receive. All items from Kate Quinn, Violet + Moss, and any of their other brands that I own were purchased with my own funds. All opinions, comments, statements, and reviews made above are my own and I was not reimbursed in any way for making them. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment